Privacy and General Terms and Conditions
Raffle Terms and Conditions
This raffle is being run and promoted by UnionsACT (Trades and Labour Council of the ACT, ABN 31 724 041 495).
If you have provided your name and email address, then you will be entered into the running to win one of the three prizes.
comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the promotion and a forfeiture of any prizes.
2. By submitting your personal information you agree to receive emails from UnionsACT containing offers and developments that we think may interest you. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe on every email that we send.
3. UnionsACT accepts no responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by UnionsACT.
4. Three winners will be chosen randomly from a draw of names. The draw will take place in reverse order (i.e. the first name drawn will win the Third Prize, the second name will win the Second Prize, the third name will win the First Prize). The draw will take place on 4 November at 11am (AEST).
5. UnionsACT accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
6. The winner will be notified by email and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond within 7 days of being notified by UnionsACT, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and UnionsACT shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 7 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and UnionsACT shall be entitled to select another winner.
7. The prizes will be sent to the winner by post, or by another method at UnionsACT’s absolute discretion.
8. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
9. UnionsACT reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice for any reason (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of UnionsACT in all matters relating to the Prize Draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into. In the event that UnionsACT permanently discontinues the Prize Draw pursuant to this paragraph, the entrants in the Prize Draw shall be released from their obligations to UnionsACT under these Terms and Conditions.
10. First Prize is the prize winner’s choice of either:
a) $1000 to be deposited into a bank account in the winner’s name. The winner is responsible for all applicable taxes. If the winner chooses this prize, they must provide their bank account details to UnionsACT within 7 days of advising UnionsACT of their choice.
b) A digital TV purchased by UnionsACT at a value of between $900-$1000. The brand and model of TV is at the absolute discretion of UnionsACT, however, UnionsACT will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the TV is a 55″ Ultra HD Samsung with a retail value of approx. $990. If the winner chooses this prize, they must attend the UnionsACT office within 14 days of advising UnionsACT of their choice, where they will be able to collect their prize. If the winner of First Prize does not attend the UnionsACT office at the agreed time, they will forfeit their prize. UnionsACT may re-draw the winner at its discretion.
11. Acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s permission for UnionsACT’s to use his/her likeness or name for publicity or promotional uses without compensation or notice.
12. Any situation or dispute not covered by these Official Rules will be resolved by UnionsACT in a manner deemed by UnionsACT to be the fairest to all concerned.
13. The following individuals or entities are not eligible to win this raffle: employees of UnionsACT; employees of the affiliated unions of UnionsACT; or any employees of a UnionsACT sponsors. Individuals named in this rule who buy a raffle ticket are deemed to have made a donation to UnionsACT and cannot win a prize.
Lotteries Act 1964
This raffle is an exempt raffle under the Lotteries Act 1964, as the total prize pool does not exceed $2500. Furthermore, this website is not hosted in the ACT, and so is exempt under the Lotteries Act 1964.
See more about the Lotteries Act and requirements here.
March 2019 First Prize Winner: B. Tucker of Queanbeyan, NSW.
July 2019 First Prize Winner: M. Garner, of Theodore ACT.
September 2019 First Prize Winner: D. Bibo, of Canberra ACT